Recipe Croque Monsieur
I am happy to share with you one of the French’s deepest secrets: the Croque Monsieur Recipe!
The famous Croque Monsieur, literally translated as “Crunch-Mister”, is our Parisian grilled-cheese! Made in the oven, with béchamel sauce and a lot of love, this is one of our favorite foods for lunch or dinner!
Discover below my Croque Monsieur recipe and give it a try! It’s super easy to make and so delicious!
For 1 Croque Monsieur
For the Béchamel sauce
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the flour and use a whip to mix it with the butter. You should get a butter & flour dough.
- Over a heat source, add little by little the milk and whip (alternate milk and whip) until you get something creamy. Watch out, if you add too much milk at the same time, it will give you something super liquid, so you’ll have to heat & whip it a long time until it become creamy.
- Add the grated cheese (normally in Béchamel sauce, there is no grated cheese, but I can assure you its better with it)
- Salt, pepper & nutmeg as you like
build the croque monsieur
- Use a dish that goes in the oven and put a slice of bread on baking paper
- Add some grated cheese
- Then, a slice of ham
- Add some Béchamel sauce and the last slice of bread
- Cover your creation with the rest of the Béchamel sauce and some more grated cheese on the top
- Bake into the preheated oven (375°) for about 20 minutes
- Take a picture, send it to @hasta_paris on instagram and eat!