Recipe Butter Shortbreads
In France, we have plenty of Pastry chefs which all have their own specialty! For example, Pierre Hermé is famous for macarons, Cédric Grolet for his incredible sculpted fruits, and Dominique Ansel for having invented the Cronut. Today, I will share with you one of the most typical French Pastries. I will share with you the recipe for the butter shortbreads of pastry chef Gaston Lenôtre!
This recipe is so easy to bake that you can even let your children help! These butter shortbreads are what I used to eat at my grandmother’s house when I was a child – they are perfect for tea time!
Also, the fun thing with this recipe, you can choose whichever shape you want for your cookies!
- Mix together the flour, almond powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the softened butter and work everything with your hand to give a coarse sand-like texture.
- Add the egg and knead to get a dough.
- Let the dough rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
Shape the butter shortbreads
- Roll out the dough.
- Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters (I used a coffee cup to give a round shape).
- Bake into the preheated oven (340°) for 12 minute.
- Then, simply take a picture, send it to @hasta_paris on instagram and eat!.