Recipe Gougères (cheese puffs)
Discover one of the famous snacks that French people enjoy during the famous aperitif: the Gougère (basically cheese puffs).
The French aperitif is a ritual for us here in France. Having a drink and some little snacks before dinner (and sometimes lunch) with family and friends is something we do often, at least once a week!
Once again this recipe is for the cheese lovers, but what would France be without a bit of cheese?
Try the Gougère recipe below and bring a touch of France into your home!
For about 50 Gougères
Prepare the puff pastry for your gougères
- Melt the butter, salt, milk and water in a pot.
- Add the flour immediately after it starts boiling and mix until you get a dough.
- Over a heat source, dry the dough for 5 minutes in the pot with a wooden spoon (in other words, keep mixing).
- Let the dough get cold (less than 140°). Then add the eggs one by one and blend in between.
- Add 2/3 of the cheese.
- Put a little bit of dough on baking paper, cover with some egg yolk and the rest of the grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven (356°) for 18 minutes
- Take a picture, send it to @hasta_paris on instagram and eat!
And There you go!
If you liked the Gougères (cheese puffs) recipe, stay tuned! There will be more French recipes in the next few days!
You May Also Like
The croque monsieur is our famous parisian grilled cheese! Here is the croque monsieur recipe for successful french dinner!
Discover below how to make your own Brioche, perfect as a breakfast or afternoon snack - bring a touch of Paris into your home!
Hachis parmentier is a famous French recipe that you must know! Cooked minced beef meat, mashed potatoes and grated cheese, you will love it!