Recipe Gougères (cheese puffs)
Discover one of the famous snacks that French people enjoy during the famous aperitif: the Gougère (basically cheese puffs).
The French aperitif is a ritual for us here in France. Having a drink and some little snacks before dinner (and sometimes lunch) with family and friends is something we do often, at least once a week!
Once again this recipe is for the cheese lovers, but what would France be without a bit of cheese?
Try the Gougère recipe below and bring a touch of France into your home!
Prepare the puff pastry for your gougères
- Melt the butter, salt, milk and water in a pot.
- Add the flour immediately after it starts boiling and mix until you get a dough.
- Over a heat source, dry the dough for 5 minutes in the pot with a wooden spoon (in other words, keep mixing).
- Let the dough get cold (less than 140°). Then add the eggs one by one and blend in between.
- Add 2/3 of the cheese.
- Put a little bit of dough on baking paper, cover with some egg yolk and the rest of the grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven (356°) for 18 minutes
- Take a picture, send it to @hasta_paris on instagram and eat!