Recipe beef bourguignon
This is the recipe that you were all waiting for! The famous Beef Bourguignon!
The Beef Bourguignon recipe comes from the Burgundy area of France. It was originally a specialty eaten by the winemakers & farmers during celebration days!
This recipe takes some time to prepare, but you can separate the steps and I assure you it will not seem that long! Let’s go!
For 6 people
- Cut the beef in chunks of about 1.5 inches (width & height)
- Put them in a pot and cover them with the wine, the sliced carrots & some aromatics
- Cover & let marinate for about 12 hours in the fridge
- Melt the butter in a big pan (or pot dedicated for beef stew), add the sliced onions and the pork cut in small pieces
- When it’s cooked, put it in a bowl
- Take the marinated beef off the pot (keep the wine apart) and cook it in the same pan where you cooked the onions & pork
- Add the flour & mix
- Add the 2 glasses of meat stock & mix
- Then add the wine sauce (with carrots & aromatics), the cooked onion & pork and slow-cook it for at least 3 hours
- Don’t hesitate to add some water if you see that the Bourguignon sauce is too dense (it has to be creamy but not too liquid)